Before burning your branches, have you thought of recycling them?
Verify our Branches Disposal Days, you may also get free mulch for your gardening activities!
- Supervise the fire at all time
- Maintain a distance of 50 feet (15 m) from any building
- Maintain a distance of 15 feet (4.5 m) from the property line
- Inform your neighbour
- Ensure the fire doesn't pose a nuisance to surrounding neighbours; in case of complaints, the Chelsea Fire Department will request that the fire be extinguished
- Do not burn any construction material, household waste, tires or chemicals
- Do not burn in strong winds
- Have a charged water hose near the fire
- Water the ashes before leaving
- Call 911 in case of loss of control
Before you decide to burn, please verify with SOPFEU for any fire ban www.sopfeu.qc.ca/en/